Friday, April 26, 2013

Quote of the day



The true secret of happiness lies in the taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.”
-William Morris

 

This is a quote I received via email this morning.  I'm not sure what to make of it, exactly.  I do recognize that apathy is not life-enhancing; nor is numbness.  Is this related to the Buddhist concept of awareness (mindfulness) and staying in the moment?

Focusing on the task at hand would likely result in more peace.  If the mind is not wandering to its points of harmful obsession, then yes, I do see the benefit.  The mind can be incredibly destructive if left unchecked.

Today I will attempt to do this - to take a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.  Since I am accustomed to being on autopilot much of the time, this will be a challenge.







2 comments:

Constance said...

That glorious gorgeous tree is a sterling example of noticing life's little details:)

((hugs))

B.S. said...

That's right, Mary. This is a great time of year for that!

Hugs,
Betty